Fralin Pickups

Fralins are WAY different than Bardens.

Bardens are hi-fi-ish, true humbucking pkps with a tremendous frequency response and utterly dead quiet.

Bardens have a sound all their own, different than most anything else out there. I'm not saying that in a good or bad way, just saying it.

Fralins are not HB-ing, and will give more of an authentic, vintage Fender SC tone.

Bardens are no longer available anyway, and a Barden Tele set are going for about $500.00 on the 'bay lately.

A much closer comparison to Fralins would be Rio Grande or maybe Van Zandts or something out of the Duncan book than Bardens.

Howdy,

I have put several pairs of Fralin Blues in Teles that I have built, and they are by far my favorite PUPs hands down. I have built only one Strat, and I put Fralin Blues Specials in that one. I like them. What can I say? When it comes to Fender style singles, I am a Fralin kind of guy.

Guitar Ed

yeah i knwo the bardens are very different. if i had my way, i would put more bardens in my strat, but they are going for too much on ebay. i'm looking for a bridge humbucker and a middle position single coil, that will run me something like 300-350 on ebay, and i'd rather save 100 bucks and go with fralins, regardless of the fact that they are very different. vintage is what im looking for, this strat is a blue machine with balls (hence the bucker). it's got great attack and sustain which is nice to have in a strat. anyway, thanks for the reviews, i appreciate them