This Lawrence Pickup....

axo151

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...mMakeTrack=true

I can't tell if that's one of those stewmac knockoffs or the real thing.......the seller was very sparse in information given, he didn't even say if it was for the neck or bridge, let alone output etc. Anyway, can anyone tell? Furthermore, has anyone had experience with those pickups? Thanks

I agree, that's a fake not a real Bill Lawrence pup. I would buy it directly from Bill's site if you're looking for his tone.

I've read many reviews of dissappointed people who bought a fake thinking it was the real Bill Lawrence pup. I'd stay away from that one, personally.

it says that they take about 3-4 weeks on his site.

It was actually a message from late august, talking about moving to California. I guess they had some problems and when they finally got to filling orders the wait was like 6 or 8 weeks, but they said it should be back to their normal 3-4 by sometime in the fall. Since it's mid December now, I figure that it's 3-4 weeks.

i did a custom job for a studio musician from houston last year and we put in three real bill lawrence pups. several things of note: my customer called bill's factory and got bill himself. he (bill) literally spent over an hour and a half on the phone with my customer discussing exactly what he wanted his guitar to do and what sounds he wanted. even made him play a bit for him over the phone to hear his style. he made his recommendations and got the pups to me in around 3 to 3 1/2 weeks. they were beautifully crafted and sounded great.

and bowser's right. they were around $45.00 each. and that's not wholesale. as far as i can tell he charges everyone the same.

here's a picture of the guitar if you'd like to look at the pups.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1141114