Guitar Neck Question

Ok here's my quick question. I have a 24 fret 25.5" scale neck that I took off of my Jackson Kelly to sell. A buyer has a Jackson JS20 that he wants to replace the neck on. The JS20, while also a 25.5" scale neck but 22 frets. My question is, since the necks are to the same scale, will my neck fit his neck pocket, and also, is there a possibility that the neck cleft might hit his single coil neck pickup? any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

first question...no

second question...doesn't really matter anymore now does it?

the only thing you have to do is measure from the nut to the heel end on both necks...you will see the measurement is different.

don't be embaressed though...this question gets asked all the time and there are still those that claim to know what they are talking about that say it will work.

measure it and you will see that it will not unless you shorten the heel of the 24 fretter to end underneath the 22 fret

It will fit the pocket, but the scale will be off. On the 22 fret the heel ends at the 21 fret, on the 24 at the 23rd. so the distance from the nut to the bridge will be greater with the 24, and intonation will not be attainable.

There is not overhang on Jacksons necks like on Warmoth, I just got a 24 fret on my guitar and it fits on the strat template that I used to rout the body, as a matter of fact, I will be using the same template on my next build and I will use the neck out of a squier, and is the same size.

It will fit the pocket, but the scale will be off. On the 22 fret the heel ends at the 21 fret, on the 24 at the 23rd. so the distance from the nut to the bridge will be greater with the 24, and intonation will not be attainable.

ends at the 22 on the 22 fretter

and by looking at your guitar here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC01698.jpg

the 24 fretter ends underneath the 24 fret as well...am i wrong?

You know what, coming to think of it it does, I think I was thinking about the neck I got here that is a 21 fret, on the 22 it will end at the mid point on the 22, which is were it ends on the 21 too... I kinda got disoriented on that one!

Yeap, just like in the 22 at mid 24, I got to stop drinking this darn Pepsi One, I'm seeing things :D , thaks for clarifying that, I just had to go and look.

Now that's a beaut.! B)