Red Pearl-like Inlay Material?

For my next project I want red sharkfin inlays. I wonder if there is some material like synthetic pearl in red? Only idea I came up with is to use red pearl pickguard material. The problem with that is that it is multilayered and I don't know how it looks after sanding the fringerboard radius. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel!

Why not use stone ? Try mike at www.smallwonder-music.com as he's now got over 20 different types of stone and coral to choose from.

PS: Mike's nothing to do with me apart from i've brought pearl and stone slabs from him and the quality is always first class.

PPS: I'm sorry if i've broken the rules by posting his link here.

Jem

Masecraft supply has over a dozen red colored plastics at least. Some look like pearloid, others have other patterns. All with varying levels of clear/translucency/wave-ness. I don't have the number handy but do a search. They WILL have what you want. I guarantee it. I curretny have at least three to six different red pearloids I got from them in sheet or slab form in the shop.

Craig Lavin

Wow that sounds very good clavin! Thanks! I found their website via google. It is very uninformative and they don't even write how to buy from them. I contacted them and ordered a catalogue.....but I doubt they'll send me one to Germany. Do you know how to buy from them? Is it a local shop or mailorder? How did you buy from them?

Thanks,

Marcel!

That website is new! Glad to know it's finally out there.

They really have a lot, tons of catalogues, and materials. Most likely for inlay you'll have to thickness much of it to .06 or so with a thickness sander. The thinnest they ship is 1/8th" on a lot of things.

They will ship internationally I am sure. Best to call and place an order, via credit card. They keep mine on file and I just call here and there and they ship and bill me later.

Just a re-cap- call in orders- use credit card- the rest is up to you :D

Craig Lavin