Digitech Pedals

sepultura999

alright. i bought a digitech metal master used at my local guitar store and it doesn't work with a 9 volt battery but it does work with a 9 volt adapter. i said, "ah no worries, i bought it used, and i don't wanna fuss with batteries anyways". Today I bought a digitech grunge pedal for 20 bucks through a local classified ad, used only 3 times, and its a gift for someone i know. I take it home theres no scuffs or anything on it - the backplate hasnt been taken off - it's in excellent condition. I press it and it doesn't turn on, I said "no problem probably needs a new battery". So I take the pedal switch off, and change the battery, put the switch back on and press it - it doesn't turn on. i got pissed and thought i got ripped off, but i went and plugged it into my 9v adapter and it works.

Any advice on what's going on and what can i do? I hope i don't have a battery curse on me because i'm stuck then with passive pickups B)

-Jamie :D

All i have to say is that i will never buy a digitech pedal again. I bought an RP200 when i was playin guitar for about a year... so i was very ignorant about guitar pedals and electronics and what not. As i started playing more and more i realized how much of a pain it is scrolling through all of the settings, and how much of an overal POS it was. It constantly broke, and the repairs werent worth the value of the pedal, and now i cant sell it, so its just collecting dust in my attick. That has inspired me to NEVER buy anything by digitech ever again.

-Led

you got a bad pedal, email digitech and ask if they can do anything for you - aren't you supposed to have a 5 year warrenty? Digitech IMO beats Boss anyday when it comes to the sound. Boss pedals I find are very weak - the metal zone does sound metaly but i prefer the rat because i love my metal to be thick and sludgy and the digitech metal master mods the rat and boss and i got a good deal on it. The boss od-20 is a terrible distortion pedal and for 300 bucks canadian you can just buy on ebay a metal distortion, rock distortion, blues distortion and overdrive for that much - i'm glad i only paid 100 dollars canadian B) . The ds-1 sounds okay but when you do powerchords its muffy - better off for soloing I find. The digitech metal master i also mods the Rat pretty damn good and after comparing it to line 6's new uber metal it still beats it. I seriously think you should email digitech and ask what the problem is and don't just shun them off because you can always get a bad pedal, a bad guitar, a bad anything.

-Jamie :D

• 2 weeks later...

digitech has some killer stuff but look at signal to noise ratio vs durability and you will notice that digitech stuff gets noisy over time and isn't real road worthy. some of it is. but i for sure wouldnt' use one of there floor controller anythings on even a two city gig as i like to jump around.

Batteries suck man, I've bought a 1ampere adapter and that's enoug for about 200 pedals. :D

I've got an daisy chain (Ibanez splitter cord) so I can use it for all my effects. (well, I only have 2 distortions and a phaser B))