2nd Project

Alright, this is my second guitar. Its got a mutliscale neck, purpleheart fretboard, and maple neck.

The body has a purpleheart front and maple back. Pickups are undecided.

here is the progress so far. I have not cut the body out yet so don't cringe at what looks to be little chunks ripped out. This is just a paper outline set on top of the blank. I order this blank from exotic hardwoods. It is 2 inches think and needs to be 1 inch or less. That is my big problem. IO will be chenking arpund to see if I can get it resawed nd then possibley looking into bookmatching one side of it. If notm tdog has graciously offered to resaw it and if I can't get it done locally I just may take him up one that, assuming he's seriuous.

Another problem is that after inspecting this two piece blank, I have found that the bottom of the blank is not joined well at all. The wood is actually not connected. I will see if I can work around this but if not I'll be making a little call to exotic hardwoods.

100_1186.jpg

100_1188.jpg

100_1189.jpg

VERY nice!! Iam working on a purpleheart fretboard as well how did you like working with the purpleheart for a fretboard? Is this your first time working with purpleheart? and do you have any progress pic's?

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! :D

It also looks like you have a tear out by the @ss of the body.

Hey AlGeeEater it's just the paper template the guitar is not cut out yet you should read before posting HAHAHA B):D

hear's what he said

I have not cut the body out yet so don't cringe at what looks to be little chunks ripped out. This is just a paper outline set on top of the blank

It also looks like you have a tear out by the @ss of the body.

Hey AlGeeEater it's just the paper template the guitar is not cut out yet you should read before posting HAHAHA :D:D

hear's what he said

I have not cut the body out yet so don't cringe at what looks to be little chunks ripped out. This is just a paper outline set on top of the blank

!!METAL MATT!! B)

LOL, i shoulda read the pics, i just went straight to the pics haha. My eyes are killing me :D

I love purpleheart, but I find that atleast the piece I have is very grainy and is rather dufficult to get a very clean cut. This is especially difficult when using chisels for inlaying (never again. I'm buying a dremel with christmas money).

I love the look of purpleheart though, so it really is worth it.

As for the slant of the heel, it is a multi scale guitar, so the frets are pretty highly fanned. The slant of the heel is actually parallel to the 22 fret.

Ya I love purpleheart I use it on most of my guitars it's great stuff!! do you have any close up view's of the neck and fretboard??

These are the closest I have. The neck has not been shaped yet, and these puics are from before I even started cleaning up the epoxy.

100_1184.jpg

100_1180.jpg

100_1177.jpg

what are the tonal properties of purpleheart. This is not for me, it was requested by the person I'm making it for. But I love the wood.

Edited by chrisb0109