Silly Shipping Rules

wolfcoast

Arrgh this is frustrating. I just finished moving to guam and need to order new blade guides for my Delta bandsaw. I found the part easily enough but ran into a rather large catch.. They can't ship to Guam. Rediculous.. It's a terriitory of the US and they can't ship here. So now I have to send them to my father-in-law and get him to mail them to me.

Now I have the choice to wait or start using a jigsaw on my new alder body blank hehe.

One thing I am extremely thankfull for though. Stewmac ships to Guam!!! Yay!!

hehe

I'm going to start on a Jem Body style guitar for now. I bought one of the premade paddle headstocks from stewmac as I don't have the tools I need to fret a guitar yet. The one I bought is Birds Eye Maple. Plus I wanted to work on being able to build/finish a good body before I started in on neck building. I've made a couple of practice bodies using pine wood and getting ready to make an official start on one.

As this is my first guitar I'm basically doing a Jem Body style minus the monkey grip. I'm using cannibalized parts from a J.B Player guitar I have and don't play much at all. The pickups are EMG Selects. 2 Singles & 1 humbucker in bridge position. Floyd Rose style Tremolo. All the hardware is black.

The finish will be a material finish per the tutorial on here. I have 4 different fabrics to select from. Can't decide which one I want to do first.. Everytime I go to Walmart I find a good fabric on sale and can't help but grab a few yards.

I plan on posting pics once I start but will be long between due to being in the Navy and going to sea a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got floored when I tried to send a pair of golf clubs to New Zealand, the post wouldn't accept the package because it was over 42 inches long, go figure...........

yeah that happend to me cant remember wat 4 but it happend. i recived this valuable information before goin to NZ last year, "everyones grandma is part mouri*, every one has tried-out for the all blacks, and that man is only helping the sheep over the fence" :DB)

* mouri's r the native people to NZ, and the all blacks r their international rugby team

Edited by where's the beef???

• 3 weeks later...