Almost Finished First Project

stiggz

only 1 pic of an almost finished body, stained and 2 coats o laquer. (bit of my elbow in the picture too)

http://uploads.savefile.com/redir/73889.jpg

i wasnt entirely confident with my ability to use a router without wandering to much, so the control plate area and pickup "routs" were done with a drill and chisel, a rather primative method, but stoped me from screwin up the whole thing tho lol :D

:DB)

Beef, routing isn't that tricky if you use a templates and a cutter with a top bearing. I've never used a router before making my tele and picked it up quite quickly. This will give you much cleaner results.

Good choice of instrument BTW!

genbloke

You might have used a rasp and sandpaper to clean up the routs afterward...but they'll be hidden anyway, nice for a guitar to have it secrets!

yeah i know wat u mean, if u cant see it, its not there lol :D . router bits r very expensive (here anyway) and i only have a fairly basic router, which is VERY powerful and can and will kick if the wood is harder that the bit b4 it, i didnt really think of templates at the time either. i routed the neck pocket though, i just had bits of wood clamped there to stop it from wandering too much but that came out nicely so im happy

:DB)