Small Toggle In A Large Hole

I've got a little problem with a guitar I'm rebuilding, not a big deal but I'm wondering how to handle it. in the 2 locations where toggle switches should be, the holes have been enlarged way out, double the size they should be. it's no problem temporarily, I'm just using big washers to cover the holes and give the toggles something to hold on to. but it's ugly, and I'm wondering what other ideas might give a nicer fit & finish.

so far the only idea I've come up with is to cut a piece of pickguard material to go over the area, but i'd rather not confuse the shape of the existing pickguard. the guitar is a solid mahogany explorer copy, the holes go through about 1/4" of wood between the front and the control cavity.

thanks in advance for any ideas!

X910repair5.jpg

You could try to plug them with some mahogany dowel. Since it is so thin there you would want to make sure you had somthing right up against the back when you re-drilled your holes so you didnt push the plug right back out. Im not sure if the base of the switch would cover all of the new material though, depending on how large your hole is. The color match would be my only worry.

x189, you ain't gonna believe this but I have a bunch of little C&K switches that you want to put in there that have cool OVERSIZED barrels and handles! Same dang switch but oversized barrels! Let me know the electrical configuration of the switches you want in there and I'll look to see if I got a match. The barells are longer too so that could be a plus. All got hardware with em too. Came from DigiTech.

No you don't. Just tell me the function of the switch and I will tell you if I got one. 3 pole switches are unheard of in my applications. I think you might be looking at the switches as 3- terminal rather than 3-pole. JUST A SEC. i'M GONNA MEASURE one . Damn cap-lock. Looks like 1/2" mounting hole and I have several that will switch series/paralell or coil-tap. No charge just let me know.