Where Do You Paint?

guitar_slingr

Where do you paint?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A spray booth wouldnt bee that hard if you think about it. Just build a structure near a window (sealed with plastic) and put a fan into a tube that leads to the window. This is all of course if you have a window accessable (not me) in your base ment or somewhere convenient, I've actually thought about turning my closet into a spray booth. But some people like huge spray booths as big as full sized livng rooms and stuff. At the moment I spray outside on my clothes hanger (not a coat hanger, I mean basically a closet without walls)

A spray booth wouldnt bee that hard if you think about it. Just build a structure near a window (sealed with plastic) and put a fan into a tube that leads to the window. This is all of course if you have a window accessable (not me) in your base ment or somewhere convenient, I've actually thought about turning my closet into a spray booth. But some people like huge spray booths as big as full sized livng rooms and stuff. At the moment I spray outside on my clothes hanger (not a coat hanger, I mean basically a closet without walls)

Acually, if i dont need to use a fan i wont. I will spray with the window open spraying towards the window. Most of it will settle down or spray out hopefully. Less of a chance of me blowin' up. Theres no electricity in that room 'nor wires. Probaly build false walls in the shape of a box then spray with the window open(of course i will have a mask :D )

chris

B) OMG :D

The reason for the paint booth (other thant to keep the area spraying clean) is so that you don't get intoxicated with the gases. If you vent the gases outside somebody else might! And if you don't have a fan pulling the gases (AlGee) they will evaporate inside the house, the overspray is not the big problem here, but the gases released by the paint, so idealy you will need a fan, and there are tons of brushless flame proof fans around. Keep it safe inside the house, I never spray nitro or any other inside, the only ones that I do are waterbased, and I still use some kind of protection.

It doesnt matter if they evaporate, its in my basement. Its an un-used room. The foundations the walls, and its a concrete wall. I will need a ramset for the false walls. Im spraying with the window open facing my backyard, where there are no neighbors behind me. Just a swamp type thing.(Nothing lives in there :D ) I would rather them evaporate by closing the door and window after spraying. Is there anything wrong with that?

Edited by AlGeeEater

AlGee, remember that gases are not stoped by doors or the wood on your floor, they acumulate and can sweep between the cracks in the house. But I guess that it's your health not mine, B) , so is up to you!

Yes thats true, but im not going to be spraying to many guitars over the use of this, should i say"temporary" booth. Im just using it to spray indoors, finish customers :D guitars and make$$

:D

Chris

I spray in my basement.I have a 3ft x 3ft window with a 3ft x 3ft square fan inside of it.I hang my guitar about 3 ft from the fan.Then I made a removable wall with a drop cloth that is about 10x6x6.With a very small fan on the floor blowing up lightly to make sure everthing moves back to the big fan.

It works so well that you can go there 5 minutes after without your mask and smell nothing.

On the outside I have a cardboard box that gets most of the lacquer.

The rest goes into the alder bushes.

It has enough pull that I made one for sanding in and it pulls out the real small micron stuff with no problem.

I do most of my guitar's in the spray booth at my shop B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D