Would This Schematic Work 3 S.c. 1 V. 1 T.

Gregory

I realized I named this topic wrong, (no tone control)

schematic.gif

would this work

This is my first wiring job and I decided not to have a tone because I never have used them and I've heard they take away from tone and less chances to screw up and I want the guitar to look simple

BTW, I should ground it to the bridge right?

Edited by Gregory

er do you usually have tone on or off? if you want the tone on full (like i will do when i do my new schematic) then you need to add a fixed resistor where the tone pots would be, otherwise you wil have NO tonal capbilities :D although i guess the tone pots bOOST tone though so maybe itll be ok like that

do you usually have tone on or off? if you want the tone on full (like i will do when i do my new schematic) then you need to add a fixed resistor where the tone pots would be, otherwise you wil have NO tonal capbilities biggrin.gif although i guess the tone pots bOOST tone though so maybe itll be ok like that

I thought that a tone pot reduced treble with a capacitator so without a pot no tone would be lost

ah maybe then u was assuming they worked the same was a the volpot, just increasin resistance to the ground as you turn it up so more goes to the hot lead :D but i guess im wrong. so if you took out the pot, then it would be like full tone? or tone off?

Edited by donbenjy

Feylya's right, just wire it as shown, and ground the bridge (and you might want to shield the cavities, since it appears you're using single coils). You won't lose anything (except the ability to roll off some treble), and it should be somewhat brighter than the same setup with a tone control.

Donbenjy. a good rule of thumb to remember is that passive circuits (that's without a battery/power source) can only cut - it takes power to boost.

hehe ok cheers B) i was confused cos i forgot about removing the caps :D so if there was no resistance to the cap, you would lose tone...duuuh stupid me :D

am i right in saying that if you wanted the exact tone of a 0.22uf cap and a 250k resistor though, you could leave the cap and put a fixed resistor in? that would keep the tone to "max" on the dial but still lowish?

I desoldered all of the components from a prewired pickguard I got from ebay

switch.gif

But I realized, wait I don't know what to do with the first two tabs on the "bottom side" of the switch if you are looking at it from the side where all the tabs are, because as you'll see if you scroll up to my first schematic, I'm not using the tone controls. My guess is that they go to the ground, but I'd hate to have to go back in there with my questionable soldering skills

Thanks in advance

Edited by Gregory