electric guitar strings

Hey guys,

Guitar Center has a deal on D'ADDARIO EXL strings and I was wondering if anyone has used these. They have 10 sets for 29.95 which is a great deal but I wanted to make sure they were good strings before I got them. Thanks in advance for any input... I greatly appreciate it.

PS... What's up Brian from a fellow Art Institute graduate :D

i just bought 2 packs of those.yes they are good strings.i don't reccomend dean markely anymore though.those damn things will not intonate after a couple days use with a floyd.i have used them for years and i always thought my floyds were problematic,but then i put on a free pack of ghs and presto!problem gone.(yes by the way they were all the same guage)

by the way slayer uses d'darrio so i know they can take heavy trem use.

Ditto on the Dean Markley strings, D'Addario EXL strings i would recomend. I bought a pack of Deans and like west said the intonate went south after acouple days of course i use floyd rose and whammy quite a bit. I know Satriani uses them i think Vai and Petrucci use them as well lol not that i use them just for the fact that they do but if you see guys like them endorse and use them...well, i would guess it would be safe to say that they are tops lol :D

i've used d'addario strings exclusively for years. i had the same intonation problems as the above guys. i heard that satch used them, and though he may know more about strings and deffinatly more about tone than i do. i tried them, and boy was i surprised. they are great IMHO. :D

ANyone tried Elixir strings?

:D

ANyone tried Elixir strings?

B)

Years ago...

They sent me a set to try out before they went on the market.

Unless they've changed anything, I don't like 'em.

They have a protective coating to make them last longer, and they sure feel like it.

As for what Steve Vai uses....

He used to have D'addarios, then went to Dean Markley, and is now using Ernie Ball.

Over and out!

Interesting. They do them in two flavours - I've only tried the nanoweb ones, which I really like! I wonder if the polyweb ones are the ones you guys may have tried - the condom-like experience. These just feel like Slinkies used too - or even the Gibson strings from the 70's which were nice.

I just picked up a 10 pk. of those D'Addarrios at GC today. I like those and Boomers but for $3 a set I can't pass it up. I may have to go back for seconds.