Walnut Hollow Metalcaster

OK...so I came into nearly an entire 6ft tree trunk's worth of nice dry walnut. I have no choice but to proceed with building a hollow strat, I've wanted to try this for awhile. Might as well use the walnut.

Both body and top are 2-piece; I need to thin down the walls on my template and then clean up the rout, but the hollowing and body outline is mostly done (forstner bits first, then router). The total thickness is ~2" so I think I'll carve the top and top-rout the pups without a pickguard; it will be a natural open-grain finish (either polyU or tru-oil). I want this to be a heavy-sounding axe (OK...almost 'metal'). But I'm undecided on a few things, so help me out with some specs:

7-string or 26.5" scale 6-string baritone?

f-holes or not? (I'd like some controlled feedback going, which is why I'm going hollow)

binding, or just round-over?

I'm thinking EMG 81/85 (bridge/neck); do you metal guys really use that neck pup at all?

Black or gold hardware?

Finally I want to build a good distortion unit into the guitar; I like the Fuzz Factory alot, but tell me about some others (including any home-built jobs). I almost don't care how many knobs are on this one.

Probably maple neck w/ebony board (side dots only, as usual).

Hollow1.jpg

GOTCHA!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

It is a time honored tradition here at PG to catch the unwary Nike, Adidas, New Balance, or, in your case, nekid toes!

Heeheehee!!!

It's been quite awhile since anyone has been caught tho...let your guard down I see. :DB):D

Guitar looks great, I know it'll be spectacular. :D

EriksFeet.jpg