My First Guitar - 8 String

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't find that tonal imbalance that people talk about with this thing (EMG). All of my strings ring out clear as day and cut thru heavy distortion without any issues at all.

Playability wise, I also don't understand why people say this thing would be hard to play. I spent a couple of hours getting used to the neck and now it feels as normal as a 7 or a 6.....and i've got short fingers.

I'll use Movie Maker sometime soon - I just got fed up finally getting the drivers installed for my camera, losing the software and not being able to download it. I hadn't even thought about it because the thought of my webcam irritates me....

I can pull pinches without a problem.. they sound all good! The 45 in my 8, while having the dual blades, is actually the "single coil" version....i just ordered the wrong one. Sounds very sparkly when put clean and rips with heavy distortion. Very different sound, but I've actually grown to love it. I've also ordered the push/pull 45TW model that's essentially a big EMG 89.