5-string Bass, Finished!

I finally finished my first instrument, a 5-string bass, after 12 months of work (yeah, i'm pretty lazy :D )

I also updated my webpage, it used to be a page, now it's a site with 8 pages documenting my complete build including the pickups

manta1.jpg

Here's a couple pictures more. The color was really hard to make it look on the photos just like it does in person.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/phi...loux/manta2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/phi...loux/manta3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/phi...loux/manta4.jpg

WOW very well done :D man It looks deadly!

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Love it! The wood cover to the pickup works VERY well. One suggestion though, I think it would've looked better in satin. Anyway, the burst is great, and I like the body shape.

Only thing that sucks is that I really can't get a decent picture of the thing that shows the burst and the grain properly like it is in person  :D

Hint: Don't aim the lights directly at it, and turn off your camera flash. Take it outside and take pictures of it upright (not with the face of the guitar facing the sky) and you'll get the wood grain showing up a bit better.

Is it just the angle of the photos, or is the centre lamination on the neck not actually centred? It looks like it's a little toward the treble side when looking at it in relation to the middle string.

I like wood-covered pickups, but mainly when they are finished to match the body.

Hint: Don't aim the lights directly at it, and turn off your camera flash. Take it outside and take pictures of it upright (not with the face of the guitar facing the sky) and you'll get the wood grain showing up a bit better.

Yeah, I read about that before, unfortunately I live on the coast of Holland and we get about 10 days of sun every year. The rest of the time it's cloudy so that won't help much :D

Is it just the angle of the photos, or is the centre lamination on the neck not actually centred? It looks like it's a little toward the treble side when looking at it in relation to the middle string.

The picture was taken straight, no angle. The culprit here is the bridge that should be moved about 2mm to the treble side. I'll probably do that as soon as I get off my lazy ass B) but for now I don't have any problems whatsoever playing that bass