Racer X - Scarified

Jivin

Could someone please tell me that this song is actually possible to play with naught but mere mortal hands!?!!?

I just can't get it - and i've been playing at like 75bpm for ages :D

I'm sure there is much harder out there, but this is still madness! If anyone can play it, please post away!

here is a midi if people hadn't heard it before:

http://www.funkyshack.com/crap/scarified.mid

Yeah it is on guitar, sorry about the mixup Wes, I just wasnt sure about posting the actual song on the board so I just put up the midi because it was only 40kb.

Plauge: Yes I have actually, even though its not like im a huge Racer X fan or anything. I thought it was more insane, but I never really gave it a second look as it sounded like -almost- mindless shredding, whereas Scarified had the awesome 80's video game vibe going for it :D

• 2 weeks later...

That's definitely insane, but you can expect no less from Paul Gilbert :D

If you want complete and utter craziness though, have a listen to Rusty Cooley's solo album or his work with Book Of Reflections. Before anyone starts slagging him (or me) off, I'm not saying speed alone is the true measure of a guitarist, but you seriously have to respect such insanely fast chops executed with laser-like precision at least from a discipline point of view if not a compositional one.

Be sure to check out Paul Gilbert's instructional videos if you really want to put that kind of speed of his into perspective and see how it's actually done. There are many other instructional vids out there but Paul Gilbert is one of the few who approaches it in a way which is entertaining even for non-guitarists.

If you want complete and utter craziness though, have a listen to Rusty Cooley's solo album or his work with Book Of Reflections. Before anyone starts slagging him (or me) off, I'm not saying speed alone is the true measure of a guitarist, but you seriously have to respect such insanely fast chops executed with laser-like precision at least from a discipline point of view if not a compositional one.

i just got that album.i just wonder how he ever finds the time to practice that much