Check Out My Axe ;)

Awww.. so jealous, that's one amazing axe.. I've been thinking of rear embedded tuners for a while (even came up with a design), but I haven't made it yet.. I need some scrap brass. Anyway, I love it.

• 3 years later...

Wow. Thats pretty impressive. But, I am a bit daft on the construction of the tuners. Can you give me a little more information on how they actually work? I'm either not seeing something, or I'm really overthinking it.

Thanks,

Chad

BTW, first post here. Been lurking for a while.

Edited by Grand Weepers

Just more of the same... B) Great guitar!

I think I can see the way the tuners work, but correct me if I'm wrong. :D The outer tube is attached to the threaded rod that is fixed to a block (which is fixed somehow inside the tuning mechanism?) and thus loosening or tightening the tube would effectively adjust the string tension (tune). I'd be interested to hear it from the horse's mouth, though, because what I just typed is somewhat incomplete, even if correct. :D

I really dig how you recessed the tuners rather than making a cutout in the body for them. That is ingenius and gives the guitar a great unique look.

Can't wait to see that inlay. Looks like quite a challenge, but if it turns out, it will be awesome! :D

Cool stuff Volverine! I am building tuners of the exact same principle:

img_0532-400x300.jpg

Check out this company J-Custom who also have a store on eBay called Headlessresearch.

Do you have a good source for CNC work? If this mini-series turns out well, I will need to get hold of someone who can make a larger series at a decent cost.

Still here Guys :D

I'm glad that someone is still visiting this topic. Unfortunately my little guitar repair business went bust two years ago... I'm stuck in a boring office for now ( forever :D ), but I'm planning to return to axe building. I have a few new ideas I'd like to put in my new project. As for the tuners , I'll try to make some better photos, and find drawings.

thanks guys

Oh and I forgot, there are some pictures of the tuners on http://buildingtheergonomicguitar.com/

Edited by volverine

sorry to hear about your business, man. It's hard times these days. I'm looking for a job right now, the one I'm working will be over in a month, so I'd much rather be in your office. Anybody in DFW wanna give me a job??? I'm reasonably bright and hard working!! :D :D

Hope you have more projects to share soon, I really dig the guitar in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Cool stuff Volverine! I am building tuners of the exact same principle:

img_0532-400x300.jpg

Check out this company J-Custom who also have a store on eBay called Headlessresearch.

Do you have a good source for CNC work? If this mini-series turns out well, I will need to get hold of someone who can make a larger series at a decent cost.

Are You thinking of doing the metalwork on the CNC or the whole axe? I think I will be able to help You...

write me on marynowskhy@gmail.com