New Pick Ups Needed

TGwaH

Hey all,

I'm in the market for new pick ups for my Epi LP 100... the bridge pick up is toast, so I figure I'll just up and replace both of them, get something of a more vintage sound. Anyway, I was cruising around and came across Choppers Music and was intrigued by this here, it does seem to fit my poor student budget. However, at that crazy low price I'm getting a sense of caveat emptor... anyone have any thoughts? These pickups any good?

Thanks, eh?

Jonathan

:D My GUESS in that these are inexpensive (read: cheap) offshore pup's. If you want to play your axe with satisfaction, get a set of quality humbuckers. GFS, while not the BEST quality, offers some really good ban-for-the- buck 'buckers. If I were you, Id go for SD, Gibson, or Rio Grande.

Best,

Dave

Hey all,

I'm in the market for new pick ups for my Epi LP 100... the bridge pick up is toast, so I figure I'll just up and replace both of them, get something of a more vintage sound.  Anyway, I was cruising around and came across Choppers Music and was intrigued by this here, it does seem to fit my poor student budget.  However, at that crazy low price I'm getting a sense of caveat emptor... anyone have any thoughts?  These pickups any good?

Thanks, eh?

Jonathan

if I were you I would go for a seymour duncan seth lover seth lover. IMHO thats about as good as it gets in a "vintage" sounding humbucker. Granted there not cheap at about $80 USD each. But I garuntee you'll like umm. And if not they (seymour duncan, it doesent matter where you buy umm) and will exchange them for any of there pickups.

if I were you I would go for a seymour duncan seth lover seth lover. IMHO thats about as good as it gets in a "vintage" sounding humbucker. Granted there not cheap at about $80 USD each. But I garuntee you'll like umm. And if not they (seymour duncan, it doesent matter where you buy umm) and will exchange them for any of there pickups.

The other guitar player in my band has a Hamer Artist with the Seth Lover pickups and they sound incredible. Really "woody" if you know what I mean. The only problem with them is they tend to squeal. I'm told they're not potted, but I don't know. I don't care. They still sound amazing.

As a side note, I think Hamer guitars are extremely underrated. In my opinion, they are at least as good as PRS, if not better.

That is a really cheap pickup! But I think you'd find it wouldn't be much of an improvement over your stock pickups (it might even be worse!). I think at that price some corners must have been cut. Maybe you could try looking on ebay for secondhand Duncans or Dimarzios?