Help!Parts?To Build a Guitar Suitable For My Style

Hey all,

i would just like to know either for a start what guitar i could get that would go with my 'experimental' style music as i call it.. which is basically random stuff........ i like to lower the whammy bar as far as possible, take it as high as possible etc etc..... i was just wondering what guitar i could get that would suit that? and not go out of tune pretty much never even with all the sissy stick diving etc...... or what parts would you suggest i get to add to my strat? or even stuff to build my own guitar? thanks in advance.

IBANEZ!!

the edge and lo pro edge are probably the best trems ever

if setup properly you can get away with murder and stay in tune :D

the new ibanez edge pro trems are good too but you have to replace the studs to get the best outta them

And what sort of prices are we talking about here B)

http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/2003/trems.htm#REVIEW

here's some really good info on the new edge pro trems

and on replacing the studs

the problem with the studs is that ibanez japan decided to downgrade to non locking studs

IMHO an extremely stupid move just to save a little

they have sacrificed ibanez's reputation for staying in tune perfectly and having really good trems all because of a little stud :D

now to your question.have you heard slayer?they pull and bomb like NOBODY else and they never go out of tune.never.i have seen them live and i repeat.never.they both swear by kahler flatmount.listen to reighn in blood and you will see what i mean.

just make sure you stretch your strings properly when they are new. :D

also there is no knife edge or stud to wear out.it works on a cam.plus the intonation and action stays true throughout the pull radius because the saddles are seperate from the pulling mechanism.

here is one on hanneman's guitar

the problem with the studs is that ibanez japan decided to downgrade to non locking studs

they have sacrificed ibanez's reputation for staying in tune perfectly and having really good trems all because of a little stud :D

meanwhile, everyone else (Jackson, ESP, EB/MM, Peavey, Kramer etc.) seem to have done nicely without locking studs. I'm guessing that's why Ibanez got rid of them. they were over-engineered. it's not a stupid move, it's a smart move. we won't notice any difference in performance. at least I won't. then again, maybe you notice a difference in tuning stability between a Jackson SL1 and an Ibanez JEM7VWH?

meanwhile, everyone else (Jackson, ESP, EB/MM, Peavey, Kramer etc.) seem to have done nicely without locking studs. I'm guessing that's why Ibanez got rid of them. they were over-engineered. it's not a stupid move, it's a smart move. we won't notice any difference in performance. at least I won't. then again, maybe you notice a difference in tuning stability between a Jackson SL1 and an Ibanez JEM7VWH?

if there was no difference in performance there would be no problem

and i agree with wes there's no such thing as overengineering

there's a big difference ie. locking studs keep perfect tune

non locking .....don't, many have found their guitars going out a quarter or half step or more!

ibanez have a reputation for the best double locking trems in the world

now with their new guitars they have become average

how is this a smart move?

they'll end up losing a lot of sales

i love going crazy on a trem but i expect it to be able to keep in tune

if it doesn't then that's what i call a performance difference

just MHO though B)