Help Needed For Wiring Diagram

krizalid

Hi guys, as I'm nearing completion of my guitar, a few coats of lacquer (orange with black burst) and clear, I realized that I need help on wiring my guitar.

The first picture is how I want my guitar being wired.

TECH13.jpg

The second is a diagram of the actual colour of the pickup which made me a bit perplexed.

mywiring.jpg

Thanks for any help.

The pickups are from a pre-wired pickguard set that I bought at a special deal. It was S-S-H originally but since I want to have a S-H configuration, I'll need to rewire them again. So, help from anyone? The 1st picture is the way I liked it to be wired and the next pic is how the wires on my pickups look like. I'm just not sure which wires goes to where as in the 1st pic, the humbucker seems to have 3 wires only. Help is very much appreciated here. Thanks for reading.

hai to all agai, sorry for the late reply. got a lot of assignment to be submitted this week and i've been struggling to cope up with my studies and my guitar building process. anyway, i've checked the pickups that i had, like what lovekraft had suggested, and i found out that:

the single coil - 6.4k DC

the humbucker - 7.85k DC

i'm not quite familiar with this process, so any help is appreciated.

just another thought, i've decided that since i'm not using the tone control a lot, or even rarely use them, i'm leaving it out from my guitar. so, it will have a 5 way switch and a volume. is this good or bad? do i need to have some capacitors on the volume pot?

lovekraft - i bought the pre-wired pickguard from a music store near where i'm studying. the owner of the music store is also the owner of the jamming studio where me and my band practice every 2 weeks. it's quite a deal actually.

anyway, thanks for any help!

easy way is to attach one of the wires to one terminal of the multimeter (set to DC resistance) and touch the other wires in turn on the other terminal. Then you should only get a reading for one of the three wires, the other two wont give a reading. You then know that these two wires correspond to one of the coils of the humbucker (and the other two to the other coil). If you look closely at the humbucker where the wire goes into the bottom you might be able to see where each of the coloured conductors goes, and hence work out which pair of wires goto which coil. As for figuring out what wire is the start and end of the coil :D!!

As for the wiring, dunno how you'd do that on a standard strat 5 way!