First Guitar Project Log

Pex657

After asking numerous amounts of questions and reading books, I think I am ready to start on my first from scratch guitar. I plan on taking it very slow to make sure everything is accurate and correct,

I have a friend who is amazing at CAD and also the shop teacher helping me out with tools, so hopefully when I finish this guitar, I will have enought knowledge to go off by my self for the next guitar.

My insperation comes from an Ibanez Iceman 400 and an ESP F400. I loved the shape of the iceman and the curves of the F400. I got with my friend who CADs( He draws also) and we came up with this body design.

Pic1.jpg

It is going to be 24 Frets with Seymour Duncan Jb/59 pickups.(plans for so far.)

Progress: 02/10/05

I had to reglue the neck blank a little, the way I clamped it, it made the wood bend a little forward, so I did not have a solid connection between the two pieces of wood. That was fixed and once again thanks to my CAD man, I had a life size template of the neck, and traced in on the blank, cutting tomorrow.

Pic5.jpg

This was the wrong way, to fix it, I just put the other clamp the the other way and problem was solved. To test out the connection when the glue wood was tilting a little bit, he just banged it on a the table, and the second piece just flew off. Now it is nice and tight and tomorrow I am planning on cutting out the neck.

Edited by Pex657

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the headstock was well...... a wrong cut :D, but after having to look at it for ever... I came to grow on it. Well I have no given up, but being in High School and as of now having no job and paying for a car, is not leaving me any money for building and the next step I have to do is to install the Truss Rod and the fretboard. As soon as I can find a job, I will continue, I seriously want to finish a project, don't feel like being one who just talks about making guitars but never does.