Finally Finished Second Guitar

bconner

Hey, I jsut recently finished building my second guitar. I'm 16 years old and thought it would be cool to see what other people thought of my guitar. I love the SG shape so I tried to change it a little with a couple of my own touches. It also has a whammy bar, but its not in the picture, and its also got coil-tapping. The things on the headstock says Conner Custom. It took me about 6 months to build and finish. The pic is on my website. www.blairconner.tk in the projects section.

Edited by bconner

Hey, I jsut recently finished building my second guitar. I'm 16 years old and thought it would be cool to see what other people thought of my guitar.  I love the SG shape so I tried to change it a little with a couple of my own touches. It also has a whammy bar, but its not in the picture, and its also got coil-tapping.  The things on the headstock says Conner Custom.  It took me about 6 months to build and finish.

guitaredited234978.jpg

tripod pics don't work.

I think it's more of an optical illusion with the neck being tilted to the left because of the assymetry of the body shape. The neck does however look in the last picture to have something off center or a little bit crooked as the low E looks much closer to the edge of the board than the high E does, but as it's a bolt on this should be very easy to straighten out, probably don't even need to do any sanding or cutting, you can probably just shift the neck down a little bit to straighten everything out.

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. As for the whammy bar I like personally, I got it off ebay for like 10 dollars, quite a deal. The only problem though is that you can't dive it very far. I had to bend the bar because if I hadnt the tip of it would be like 6 inches off the body, a little to high for my liking. But its probably because of string tension and how I set-up the springs. I got it mainly for the look, but its fun to use. As for the neck being crooked, your probably right, I actually just looked at at and it is slightly angled, the picture though kinda makes it seem larger than it really is though. The guitar was actually leaning to the left a little in the picture, good thing it didnt fall.

Blair

Edited by bconner