Saw A Cool Guitar Today

Moreau

I saw a nice guitar at a shop today, it was 700 bucks canadian, and it was an Ibanez Jem 777 with the steve vai curtain job, made in japan, with an rg50 neck. It was looking pretty cool. those claw marks are deep. thought they were just 1/8" grooves. nice looking body. dont get to see much in my area as our music shop is a les paul/strat only kinda place. while i was looking at guitars, i also got some parts for cheap! wish it was a local store. :D is 700cdn a good deal?

Edited by Moreau

The correct model designation is: JEM77FP (Floral Pattern).

What do you mean by "RG50" neck? The neck has been replaced?

On an orignal JEM77FP, the maple neck has a rosewood board with green vine inlay and a fabric-matched headstock.

$700 CDN isn't terrible, depending on condition/OHSC/etc.

:D yeh. it was on hold for someone at songbird. i had never seen the FP in the flesh. yeah neck transplant... they had alotta BC rich necks for 25 bucks too.... got myself some of those gotoh tuners... cheap...dont buy em all brian.

They've got enough used and single tuners for about 40 guitars up in that little shop. I was going to head over there sometime next week and pick up a set of the new sperzels.