Liquid Clear Baby

LGM Guitars

B) Cool. Shinnier than the arse of a policemans trousers :D

Spider and cobweb aren't my style, but they still look fantastic. Each to their own I suppose. From your post, it sounds like you're happy with it. I'd be over the moon.

Now GET BACK TO WORK! :D

What finish is it by the way?

Edited by ToneMonkey

ALL my finishes are Poly Urethane, but not the crappy furniture stuff :D

I use RM Diamont or House of Kolor base/clear systems. All the color is Urethane and the clear is a 2 part Automotive urethane.

It is 7 coats of clear (which is equivalent to about 30 coats of Nitro clear) that was hand sanded and then buffed to the nice shine you see there :D

I am happy with it, black is such a pain in the butt to make look good, but this one looks good!!!!

black is such a pain in the butt to make look good, but this one looks good!!!!

No your wrong. It doesent look good. It looks freaking AWESOME!!! Dude thats the best gloos black I've ever seen. Not to mention the way cool spider and web. Man I would have you finish my project guitar but I done have enough money.

It is 7 coats of clear (which is equivalent to about 30 coats of Nitro clear)

And about 60 coats from a rattle can :D . I decided to try rattlecans on this project just cause I hate cleaning the gun. Never again. Great work Jeremy.

Shiny :D ....

That's funny, I started out by doing my first 2 guitars with rattle cans, after the first time I sprayed it, I thought 20 coats was enough, wrong...... sanded through in about 2 seconds, so, sprayed about 40 coats, still went through...... after doing 2 guitars, and about $150 worth or nitro rattle cans later, I said screw this and bought a decent gun and started spraying nitro with a gun, after having 3 guitars all crack in the nitro due to a humidity issue, I again said "screw this" and switched to Poly Urethane, the $45 a gallon nitro to the $300 a gallon poly was hard to swallow, but after spraying the poly, I've never looked back, nothing compares in durability, looks, and once you get past the steep learning curve, ease of use :D

Cleaning the gun is really easy once you learn to buy your gun wash in 5 gallon drums and aren't stingy about using a lot. I just take the gun apart, imerese the parts in the solvent, shake it up a bit, check it for any leftover paint, and wipe it down B)

I haven't had that many problems with nitro, but then again, I know how soft it is to sand paper so I take my time colorsanding, but if I had the adility to paint with poly, you bet I will. As of now, is just nitro baby, maybe next year once I get a house!

BTW that is a very nice finish, like you say black is a B to get it that nice and flowing looking. I'm not fancy with the web, but then again, I know it is what the customer wants. Very nice Jeremy.

Yes, that's always like that, I saw not long ago somebody here showing the progress on their LP and it had a nice maple cap, and it was covered solid color. I think that if you think that you are going to get a guitar painted solid colr, you should order a regular maple top, and leave the figured to the ones that like them! If it is for tone, he would have a better tone out of solid maple than flamed.

The only thing that I didn't like with this guitar, was the top was a great piece of THICK flame maple, but he wanted solid black.  I wanted to do it transparent black over the maple, would have looked really cool with the graphic, oh well, customer is always right :D

since it's a warmoth body he probally orderd it thinking he wanted flame maple look. but than he changed his mind and figured he wanted a cool spider thing. who knows mabye thats what happend.