Holowbody Questions

hi i wanna build a hollowbody. is it possible to make one with just a carved top and a flat back. i had maple in mind for the top and paduk for the sides and back.

also how does one put electrics in a hollowbody? i had either p90's or schaller golden 50's in mind.

finally what type of bracing would i use? is x bracing appropriate

Also would anyone be interested in carving a paduk back for me if i cant use a flat back?

Easy way to do it would be the PRS style. Get a nice thick piece of padauk, or whaever wood you want and bore out the middle with a router (probably better to use a depth limited drill to start with and tidy with a router) and then put your top on as you would with a normal carved top :D Have a look on the PRS website to see what i mean :D

im not following ya.

im in the process of building a prs mccarty im familiar with their guitars.

could u ellaborate?

Easy way to do it would be the PRS style. Get a nice thick piece of padauk, or whaever wood you want and bore out the middle with a router (probably better to use a depth limited drill to start with and tidy with a router) and then put your top on as you would with a normal carved top :D Have a look on the PRS website to see what i mean :D

If you look at the hollowbody I model, you'll see it has a mahogany back and sides. These are all made from the same piece of wood, the bits under the F-holes are just routed out. I think ed Roman's website had something on this (slagging off PRS again as i remember). Its a quick easy way round building a hollowbody, and you shouldnt need any kind of bracing.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,...es.html#details

That's a tele thinline made the same way from stewmac.