Knot In Body Blank

I've searched the forum, and I can find a thread that tells me knots in necks are bad, but what about body blanks? I have this one knot in the piece of ash I have that's pretty much right in the centre. If it is an issue/problem, what's the best way to solve it, drill it out and fill the hole with a dowel/epoxy & dust?

If it's not in a key structural spot, then it's completely harmless. Indeed, it might even look sharp.

If, however, it's at an important spot like where you plan to put the neck joint, then you need to re-plan.

When you say "right in the centre", do you mean where a pickup would be, where the bridge will go, or where exactly? Also, even in the case of the bridge it won't matter that much depending on the kind of bridge that's going in.

Greg

If it's not in a key structural spot, then it's completely harmless.  Indeed, it might even look sharp.

If, however, it's at an important spot like where you plan to put the neck joint, then you need to re-plan.

When you say "right in the centre", do you mean where a pickup would be, where the bridge will go, or where exactly?  Also, even in the case of the bridge it won't matter that much depending on the kind of bridge that's going in.

Greg

That's cool. Actually, I was just looking at the wood with my template, and if I make it one way round then it falls on a pick-up spot, and it'll be routed out.

Much obliged.

What he said. Now your mind is clear about the structural integrity, but it'll be tough as hell to route through a knot without some major discomfort. :D I'd personally try to come up with an alternative method to normal routing. Perhaps someone on the forum has an idea, because I don't. :D

Greg