2 New Projects Pics

Hey all well I have 2 new projects on the go. I recently got a load of wood from Gilet guitars and here is what i have planned...

I've always wanted a 5150 replica so one lot of the wood is going to that. I was going to use the Jem fretboard on that but am not sure if it would look odd. The other one I have no idea what to do with... :D

wood1.jpg

specs are as follows..

2x Basswood Body Blanks.

2x Flamed maple neck blanks.

2x Ebony fretboads.

1x Jem7 Fretboard my bro had lying around. ( I think he got this from you jeremy??? )

Also I have this...

myrtle1.jpg

I believe its called Myrtle and its 3A. Thats about all I know. I've never built a capped guitar before so I'm kinda running blind a bit there... ah cool i found the search button! B) Its roughsawn still but you can begin to see the flame through it ( sorry for the bad pics ). I was thinking of doing a drop top ala PRS style with the other but cant decide.

Anyway I'm going to update this thread everytime I do something from the design up so keep checkin in. Suggestions would be more than welcome.

:D

That Myrtle is suhweeeet!  :D

btw, I really like that fretboard with the ring fretmarkers. That came from a Jem? Cool.

Basswood is very soft but works easily, has a great tap tone and smells great when you cut it. :D I have a piece but have never made a guitar from it.

That inlays in that fretboard are actually screw heads (not real ones), it is from a JEM7DBK - PICS

Hey, am I the first to notice the toe in the second pic? What do I win? :D

No laughing there toddler that toe contains most o dah brains I was a born wit.

hehe This Myrtle is Tasmanian according to Gerard at Gilet. He has seen it used by another customer and the look is supposed to be fantastic. Like an explosion as you see in the pic ooten hosted.

Oh and Bowser is right the DBK Fretboard inlays are plastic not real screws. I kinda linked the idea of having that industrial look with the 5150 though... :D

The reason I went with Basswood is simple. Wood generally in Aus is expensive. We dont have anywhere near the resources of the UK or USA. Nor do we really have the choice. So it was a financial decision... Basswood is still relatively cheap to buy here B)