At Looong Last..

Well, after almost a year and whole lot of delays, it's finally finished.. As you can see, I tried to go all out on this one.. Hampered a lot by the lack of proper tools, though.. Got by with a hand drill and that's about it besides my electronics stuff..

Big thank you to Jeremy at LGM Guitars for the spider and the rest of the body finishing.. Did an awesome job!!

(Body and neck from Warmoth.. I'm still hiding behind the 'no-decent-tools' excuse.. :D)

Specs:

Body: Mahogany with contoured neck heel

Neck: Mahogany with Ebony f/b; 10" radius; 24-3/4" scale

Pickups: Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates (Neck), SH-4 JB (Bridge)

Hardware: TonePros locking TOM saddle & bridge; Planetwave Auto Trim tuners (surprisingly cheap here); TusQ nut (too lazy to cut a new one); Jim Dunlop strap locks

Controls:

(Tried a little something new here since I've actually got some semblence of skill with a soldering iron.. At the same time, I tried to keep it fairly simple 'cause I didn't really want to wade through a forest of wires..)

Basically it's got 1 Vol, 1 Tone, 2 blend pots that blend the neck and bridge each from series to parallel.. I also matched up the tone cap to fit the pickups as much as I could.. Ended up with a 0.033uF..

And here she is...

IMG_3967_sml.jpg

A bigger version..

The Spider...

TonePros locking TOM...

Hipshot knobs..

Weelll, I ordered the body with a maple top, yes.. Wasn't really expecting it to be a very visually pleasing one.. Anyway, by the time Jeremy let me know about it, I was rather set on the design already.. He had another idea which would have let the maple top show but it would've been a little too costly for me.. I realise that it was a bit of waste of the flame, though.. :D

The knobs are apparently from Hipshot, by the way.. Got 'em from the Guitar Parts Resource... Been getting my stuff from them thanks to the fixed world-wide shipping.. Most of the parts you get here in Singapore aren't of very good quality.. Except this jack I got which was just about the most well made jack I've ever seen.. But I digress.. :D