Building A Guitar In The Uk

Hi guys i just moved to the UK from Venezuela, i couldn't bring any of my guitars :D and guitars here are insanely expensive, not to mention that to find a quality instrument is hard as hell, so , i was thinking about building my own here, can anyone tell me where could i buy wood? I'm in London, well right now in Osterley/Hounslow, but will move to Finsbury park next week, and where could i get the wood cut? back in Venezuela i always went to wood shops and the guys did the cutting for me, but as i don't know anything here...if anyone can help i'd appreciate it, thanks in advance! :D

Hi guys i just moved to the UK from Venezuela, i couldn't bring any of my guitars :D  and guitars here are insanely expensive, not to mention that to find a quality instrument is hard as hell, so , i was thinking about building my own here, can anyone tell me where could i buy wood? I'm in London, well right now in Osterley/Hounslow, but will move to Finsbury park next week, and where could i get the wood cut? back in Venezuela i always went to wood shops and the guys did the cutting for me, but as i don't know anything here...if anyone can help i'd appreciate it, thanks in advance! :D

Hey Hey i have no real ideas as to where you can go BUT... just wanted to say welcome to the uk :D

Wont be long till you get annoyed with the insane prices of pretty much everything... and the usually quite depressive weather but until then.. Enjoy britain B)

Hi guys i just moved to the UK from Venezuela, i couldn't bring any of my guitars B)  and guitars here are insanely expensive, not to mention that to find a quality instrument is hard as hell, so , i was thinking about building my own here, can anyone tell me where could i buy wood? I'm in London, well right now in Osterley/Hounslow, but will move to Finsbury park next week, and where could i get the wood cut? back in Venezuela i always went to wood shops and the guys did the cutting for me, but as i don't know anything here...if anyone can help i'd appreciate it, thanks in advance! B)

Hey Hey i have no real ideas as to where you can go BUT... just wanted to say welcome to the uk :D

Wont be long till you get annoyed with the insane prices of pretty much everything... and the usually quite depressive weather but until then.. Enjoy britain :D

I am annoyed at the prices!! :D but i've seen some tokais that are really nice, but my heart is on BC Riches and Jacksons, and they cost a fortune, and are low end models... thanks for the welcome!

Hey man, you should move to scotland, we have some good priced music stores here, the one im thinking about doesnt sell BC rich guitars anymore. Craft suplies is on the main site in the suplies bitty, There good and quite cheap, all the wood in my guitar came from there, apart from a strip of mahogany i was given.

Sorry about your guitars man, i would die if i couldnt play for one day. Maby we should have a PG-UK Jam in the summer, that would ROCK!! :D

Craft supplies has the most variable quality, but excellent prices. Touchstone and David Dyke are significantly more expensive, but their quality is much more consistent, and they can do much more in the way of picking wood to suit your particular needs. Craft supplies pick wood off a shelf, with reference to nothing but catalogue number, so you can forget specifying grain orientation or requesting custom cutting orders.

Hey man, you should move to scotland, we have some good priced music stores here, the one im thinking about doesnt sell BC rich guitars anymore. Craft suplies is on the main site in the suplies bitty, There good and quite cheap, all the wood in my guitar came from there, apart from a strip of mahogany i was given.

Sorry about your guitars man, i would die if i couldnt play for one day. Maby we should have a PG-UK Jam in the summer, that would ROCK!! :D

I have a friend in Scotland, he's the owner of Ashwood Music in Aberdeen, and you're right, it seems it's better over there, cheers! :D

ehhh i didn't see mahogany in those sites...nor a nice maple top , if anybody is selling a nice quilted maple big enough for a warlock on this side of the pond, pm me, and if someone has a nice shop with all the machines, and is willing to help me, pm me as well! hehehehe :D