Fishing For Cheap Parts On Ebay

Jehle

About a month ago, I started searching all the auctions under musical instruments by category. I added a few parameters and it's been such a success that I wanted to share my tip here.

My favorite query is:

parts

Category: Musical Instruments,

Sort: Ending Soonest,

Min Price: US $0.00,

Max Price: US $1.00

I've found tons of guitar parts for less than a buck this way. I've been building up my junk box to get ready for my next build. I've been able to get more than 2 sets of tuning heads, several knobs, and a pickup or two this way. I call it "fishing" because I just put in a few cheap bids and see what comes out of it. I might win and I might not. It's a lot of fun and I've got more than enough for two guitars now. :D

Now you'll have other fishermen competing with you! You've just bolloxed yourself! :D

Just kidding. It IS a good idea. I'd probably have to add "available in Canada", which will reduce the number of hits to about 1 every 2 weeks. :D

Greg

I've seen your CD on eBay a few times, how's that going?

Really well actually. Once I started selling it as a build a guitar CD with "bonus" audio tracks the sales started really moving. No one really wants to buy an audio CD with bonus guitar building stuff. It's all in how you look at it I suppose.

Out of around 250 CD's sold I've had a grand total of 1 complaint. Not bad. Had they actually been able to read the listing even that one could have been avoided.

I've made some great contacts from people who film and produce DVD's for a living and they've had some great tips on a few things. They've even offered to proof the next CD when it's ready. Very cool. It all goes in my sponge for the next go around. :D

Oh, and I don't worry about a little competition looking for cheap parts. You'll notice I waited to post anything about it until I had everything I needed. :D

I've seen your CD on eBay a few times, how's that going?

Out of around 250 CD's sold I've had a grand total of 1 complaint. Not bad. Had they actually been able to read the listing even that one could have been avoided.

Very cool. It all goes in my sponge for the next go around. :D

WOW! I was thinking it would be 25 of them tops....congrats dude! That's really good!

One man band, audio/video engineer, musical instrument builder guy. (Sounds like a Bud commercial)

Now don't go getting big headed on us! :D

One man band, audio/video engineer, musical instrument builder guy.

*voice over*

That's why we saulte you Mr. one-man-band-audio-video-engineer-musical-instrument-builder.

*background singing*

Mr. one-man-band-audio-video-engineer-musical-instrument-builDER.

:D