What Neck Pick-up Do I Get?

Darkside Mike

hey guys,

I new to this board and to guitar building,

so I'd like some help in with pickup selection.

I put a seymour duncan sreamin demon in my bridge position of my washburn, but I was wondering what would match nicely for the neck?

This guitar is mainly used for metal and heavy rock.

any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance,

great forum!

see ya,

Mike

Edited by Darkside Mike

:D A good match would probably be the ceramic Gibson 496r. Very musical, yet LOUD!

Dave

hey guys,

I new to this board and to guitar building,

so I'd like some help in with pickup selection.

I put a seymour duncan sreamin demon in my bridge position of my washburn, but I was wondering what would match nicely for the neck?

This guitar is mainly used for metal and heavy rock.

any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance,

great forum!

see ya,

Mike

The Duncan Full Shred neck pickup is great for shred/metal and it also does blues very well. I have a chrome covered one in a hardtail guitar that I use for blues and it's great. The output would be a good match, and visually it has the hex poles like the neck side coil on the Screamin Demon.

If you've heard the FS bridge, you can forget everything you heard. The neck model is a completely different beast. I even had a matching set in a guitar once and I didn't like them together. The FS neck could've had a much different life if it only had a different name. It could've been marketed as a hot blues neck pickup equally as well.

I think Frank has it. The Full Shred. Don't let the monicker lead you astray. It is also a VERY good, high-output blues PU. Nice compliment to your other PU also.

Blackie, I don't mind sounding uninformed. WHERE do you get Gibson 496s without selling the farm?

Edited by thedoctor