Help With Water Drops On A Swirl Finish

So I did my first swirl today and it worked out pretty well. I like the pattern quite a lot.

I read the tutorial and it mentioned spinning the guitar and blowing the drops of water off with heat-lamps, etc.

I used spinning, shaking, blowing, a heat lamp, a hairdryer....and a good deal of those drops were still hanging on for dear life.

So is there anything else I can do in the future to get these drops off?

Or is water droplet pitting just a part of the process that has to be dealt with.

Should I sand the pits down? I'd hate to go through the paint. Thanks for any help.

I've had the same problem in the past myself and while it would be nice not to have them the only conclusion I came up with was to fill them with droplets of clearcoat before I actually starting the clearing process.

Maybe because I have patience and a fine haired brush, but anyway sanding down till they dissapear wasn't an option for me cause that would ruin the pattern or take a chance on having to start all over on a killer paint job because of sand through marks.

The droplets of clearcoat actually built them up higher so after a good long dry and a few spray coats of clear it was much easier to smooth and level bumps down for me over trying to level down to the bottom of pits.

Awesome, I'm glad it's not just me. I've never actually had the pleasure of holding one of Darren or Herc's swirls up close, so I never knew if they get these in there finishes.

My pitting isn't very deep, I don't think I will have to fill them with clearcoat, although that is a good idea. So, does the clearcoat hide the visualization of the pits at all, I imagine not. Oh well, they aren't bad.

There are a couple of small bumps from the paint being a little thick. I guess I will deal with it in the same way. I'll just build up the clearcoats.

Too much fun! I'll post pics when I'm done. It's a green multi color swir, by the way.

Edited by Sethmetal

If you dont mind me asking what paints did you use? Ive been trying to do it with the plasticoat mentioned in the tut but its fairly expensive to practice with when you get such a small pot of the stuff. Also did you put the black in first then green or both at the same time? When i put the black in and wait for it to disperse and then add the grren the black kinda runs away from the green, its really annoying, I though it may have something to do with the paint.

Put up pics asap, It would be great to see pics from someone who has done what I am trying to do.

If you dont mind me asking what paints did you use? Ive been trying to do it with the plasticoat mentioned in the tut but its fairly expensive to practice with when you get such a small pot of the stuff. Also did you put the black in first then green or both at the same time?  When i put the black in and wait for it to disperse and then add the grren the black kinda runs away from the green, its really annoying, I though it may have something to do with the paint.

Put up pics asap, It would be great to see pics from someone who has done what I am trying to do.

The tutorial here says to avoid the Testors brand paints because they tend to skin over. This is true, but I feel that I can get the effect I want as long as I work quickly. I may try plasticote in the future. But I am happy thus far. I mixed them at the same time. I'll keep this post alive with pics.

How large are the plasticote bottles, how much and where did you get them?