Novice Needing Help

Hello everyone. You may remember a topic a month or so ago on painting a stratocaster. I asked what types of paints to use etc. Well anyways the guitar is fully apart and I have a few questions. The guitar is a Squier I picked up for cheap that I would like to pain Fender Chrome Blue. It has a rosewood fretboard however and only 21 frets cuz it's a squier. A standard strat has 22 frets, and I would want the white colored wood with chrome blue. So here we go, if I bought the standard strat neck would it fit the sames as the squier neck? The dimensions are identical correct? Also is there a possible place to purchase or have the paint mixed? Would Fender sell it to me? Would Fender paint it? Thanks for the help.

Of course! Fender will sell the paint, neck, and even paint and assemble the whole thing for you!

For the price of an American Strat.

Seriously, if that's what you want, save your money and trade the Squier in for one. If you want to spend more money, time, and wind up with a guitar that's not even close, refinish the Squier. The neck should fit the pocket just fine, but why would you put a good neck on a cheap body with garbage electronics?

I was just gonna say I like thee 22 fret better because the 21 fret squier one doesnt come in the white wood I want with the blue. You are right about the electronics. I was going to upgrade them. I need the body painted though. It's black right now and the finish is horrible so I may go with blue and not change anything else just so I will have nice paint on it like I want. Any clue on the price just for them to paint the body? Maybe an estimate?

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0134660580

Er, why does the fact its a squire mean it must only have 21 frets? I know your one does, you get them with 22frets too. That link is to a Standard strat it has a rose wood 21fret board. Squiers arnt bad guitars, we recently got 3 metallic blue affinity squires in our school, im trying to buy one of them cause i like it that much, the necks feel good and the electronics are fair for the price of the guitar. You can always change them aswell.

The point im trying to get at here is just because it doesnt have 'Fender' or 'Gibson' on the head stock doesnt mean its a bad guitar. Tokai anyone?

Is the paint on it ok, has it got dings or chips? Have you tryed Auto parts stores for paint that matches the fender blue your after?

Edit - I was writing my speel as you posted.

Edited by Marzocchi705

I was just gonna say I like thee 22 fret better because the 21 fret squier one doesnt come in the white wood I want with the blue.

Here you go. Inexpensive and very serviceable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7315657348&rd=1

This guy is easy to work with, too. I've bought 2 from him and no problems.

As for paint, try Guitar Reranch.

My point is that Fender is not going to refinish your guitar--unless you feel like talking to the Custom Shop, in which case they will laugh you off the phone.

If I were you, I'd save my money and trade the Squier in for an American Strat, chrome blue finish w/maple "white wood" fretboard. You will not save any money by changing the electronics, neck, and getting someone to refinish the guitar.

Squier Strat: $199

New electronics (installed): $200

New neck:

Warmoth Fender copy: $157

Genuine Fender: $350

Pro Refinish body: $250

Total: $999 w/Fender neck

$$856 w/Warmoth neck

Price of new American Standard: $929

And the AS will look, sound, and play better than anything you do with that Squier.