3x3 Tuners But Inline?

Any trem-equipped guitar benefits from straight string pull. Some people feel it's useful even on non-trem guitars. On my non-trem guitar, I was of two minds. I prefer straight string pull, but I wouldn't totally compromise headstock design just to get it.

Lots of other manufacturers are doing straight string-pull on 3X3. Paul Reed Smith was one of the first advocates of it from the 'new school' of builders, but now Shecter and many others are following suit.

Greg

it works better,from an engineering point of view.it helps keep your strings on ANY guitar from hanging up in the nut...keeping it in tune better.you get the same problems by pulling bends as you do by using a trem,though to a lesser degree.

it also keeps the sides of your nut slot from recieving undue wear.

where it matters the least is when you have a locking nut,obviously.

irony is that the jackson and gibson explorer headstocks are the worst for non straight string pulls.and they are supposed to be two of the best guitars you can buy from a mass producer.my explorer has a shallow nut slot on the high e as well,so i am waiting for it to wear through the side