Single Coil Pickups

xbonez182

Hey I am ordering a new pickguard and pickups, but because the guard is 3xsingle coils, I am looknig for somethin that will match the output of a humbucker. I have been told I can get single sized buckers. I need something suitable for rock music which at the minute is somewhere between system of a down and rage against the machine. Any ideas? I have been told holy grail lace sensor 1500's are as powerful as most humbuckers...any opinions???

Bobby

MSN> xbonez@blueyonder.co.uk

Email> xbonez182@blueyonder.co.uk

The SD Hot Rail pups have 4 wires on them while single coils have only 2 wires.

Unless you know which wires to hook together on the pup, you won't be able to just cut the old wires and splice in the new.

IMO, I like 4 wire pups since you have more sound options available.

You can find the wiring diagrams for those pups at the SD site.

You can also find alternative wiring options at www.guitarnuts.com.

It's important that you read the warnings before diving in though.

P.S. As thedoctor stated, try using the search function before posting questions to avoid hostility. It can get to be a bother to answer the same questions repeatedly and causes resentment.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey I am ordering a new pickguard and pickups, but because the guard is 3xsingle coils, I am looknig for somethin that will match the output of a humbucker. I have been told I can get single sized buckers. I need something suitable for rock music which at the minute is somewhere between system of a down and rage against the machine. Any ideas? I have been told holy grail lace sensor 1500's are as powerful as most humbuckers...any opinions???

Bobby

MSN> xbonez@blueyonder.co.uk

Email> xbonez182@blueyonder.co.uk

http://www.dimarzio.com/ the a pup selector there verey helpful in what kind of look and sound you want.