Rock Rules - Frank's Soloist With A Twist

Another Soloist, this one is getting sent to Sweden...

Brazilian Mahogany, with 20mm thick solid Curly Maple top. No forearm carve. Maple neck with jumbo frets, Ultra Acess Heel Hrom Hell set neck joint with Shred Shelf . Scarf joint for headstock, with Flame Walnuit veneer and Abalone shell "Ormsby" logo (matches dots in f/board).

Seymour Duncan Distortion and Jazz pickups. Five way switch.

118-1810_IMG.jpg

118-1821_IMG.jpg

118-1823_IMG.jpg

This baby was SUPPOSED to be ready on Jan 14th 2005. I THOUGHT it was supposed to be dont on Feb 19th, 2005, and on Jan 4th, Frank contacted me to see what progress had been done, because its only 10 days until his fiance was leaving Australia, and she was bringing the guitar with her

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!

I manged to build the entire guitar in ten days, including lacquering, buffing, wiring, etc etc.... BUT, the lacquer was a faulty batch, and reacted badly.

Soooo, i missed the deadline (no way a guitar will leave the shop anything less than 110% perfect), and told Frank i'll fix her up and get it to him.

So, the last two pictures you see are with the new lacquer, the old stuff prior to those. Frank will be flying to Australia to pick up this beast in six weeks. :D

More pics soon

GOD DAM IT MAN your guitars are the objects of my desire :DB):D

That green Is deadly

so what happend with the lacquer why did it crap out on ya

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I dont know WHAT actually happened with the lacquer, or, well, WHY it crapped out on me, but it formed little bubbles under the surface (but you couldnt feel them, these were totally microscopic). Really really annoying. Not because i worked until 2am every day to get this done.... not because it stuffed up AS the hardware was already fitted and the guitar was ready to ship out.... but because the lacquer supplier turned his back on me and ran and denied it was faulty lacquer. I bought more, same problem. Got friends to spray with the same stuff, different guns, different humidty, different locations, different surfaces (metal and wood)... same bubbly problem after a short while.

All fixed now though :D

Damn it these last three guitars have been insane. Are you still doing that guitar school? Id be willing to raise the money to do that in a heartbeat

Yup, $1500 aussie dollars ($1150 US??) all materials, tools, woods, electronics and name brand hardware supplied. Cant get eight people that want to do it though, so its been cancelled. Oh well, one day....

How long would have it been? That makes me mad because I wouldve LOVED to learn from you. There has to be eight people? Haha I'll be your assistant

And aslo..I actually could pay for it...well if you get enough people, keep me informed

Im in Australia dude :D Might be a bit far for you :D

Holy Smokes Perry!! Looks great!!

Nice top jig.....thanks for the killer idea. I'll be doing a quilt top on my bass and was trying to come up with a secure and even way of fitting it while gluing. You solved that for me! Looks like I'll be getting the hole saw out and making some donuts :D