Tobias Toby Pro 5ce - Any Info?

bluespresence

OK, this doesn't happen often but I am stumped and at a total loss for info on a bass. It's a Tobias Toby Pro 5CE and was made in 2004 according to the serial number. That's where the mystery begins......I can find NO info online after about 40 google searches and cruising the Gibson site.

Here's some pics:

Toby Pro 5CE

Anyone have any info or have links that I missed in my search?

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks Maiden.....I looked on that site and came up with nothing. Now that you pointed me back there I found this:

Toby Pro4CE

I ended up finding it in the "Sneak Peek" section. I also read in the forum there that they are no longer carrying the Tobias import basses....I wonder who is now?? All I found online was the big $$$ ones....

Thanks!!

Edit: Maiden....the bass is bassically (no pun) an El Capitan in disguise as a Toby from what I can see and hear after playing it. No surprise since Gibson makes them and I imagine they are made in the same plant as the Epi's. It does have a nice arched back that seems to project well. The quality is decent Korean made quality and much better than some of the other imports I've seen.

Edit: Thanks Gorecki!

Edited by bluespresence