Satin Chrome Knob

I am trying to find some Satin Chrome metal dome control knobs to match the finish for a guitar I am putting together. I am using a Fishman VS-50P bridge. When I ordered it, I assumed it was shiny chrome, but when I got it, turns out it is satin chrome.

Thus, I am using the Sperzel Locking tuners in satin chrome to match the bridge.

My problem is, I can not find Satin Chrome Knobs for the volume and tone controls. I have looked everywhere I can think of (allparts, stew mac, yahoo, google, etc.) and the best I found was a part number for some Satin Chrome knobs from Ibanez.

I tried to order them, and my dealer said Ibanez is out of them with no ETA on any more. My experience lately with back order items is that it never gets here.

So, I came across this site for project guitars and thought I would ask. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Edited by ElGringo

The aren't completely satin chrome, but Marshall amp knobs have satin chrome dome caps. (Black plastic knobs with Satin chrome tops)

Thanks for the input!! I had found the hipshot ones, but didn't like the black rings. The Marshall knobs would be cool if they didn't have the black on them. I guess I am being too picky... LOL

Anyways, a local shop I tried to order the Ibanez knobs through suggested trying Jackson guitars, since he had seen some on their guitars. But I can not find any way of looking up a part number.

Anyone know of a part list for guitar manufacturers other than Ibanez I can peruse through to see if they have some I can order?

I guess if worse comes to worse, I can use regular chrome, but its those little details on the hardware not matching that will drive me crazy. :D

Saber, thanks for the idea. Just the nudge in the right direction I needed. I was being too close-minded in my search and only restricting my search to guitar knobs.

I decided to check electronic supplier sites, as well. DUH!!! I think I may be able to find something I can live with here: :D

Aluminum Knobs

Edited by ElGringo

The saga continues...

I was able to be directed to APEM by the website in my previous post for aquiring the aluminum knobs I decided on.

I settled on the 42003 series aluminum knob. Well, guess what. No one has it in stock that the APEM site search returns. Well, one site can order it with an 8-week delivery time span. Not the best, but I guess I could live with it. By the time I get my body and paint it and all, the wait should work out.

BUT... there is a minimum order from These Guys of $30. The 4 knobs I need only come to $8.72.

So I would have to spend $30 for some $9 knobs and have to wait for 8-weeks, maybe longer. :D

Oh well, guess I'll look around some more. If anyone else has any insight on something like this, feel free to chime in. :D

Thanks!

Edited by ElGringo

Just in case anyone else wants something like this, thought I'd keep you all updated.

I finally found where I can order the knobs. Site says they have 37 in stock.

Aluminum Knobs

They are made by Tyco Electronics/Alcoswitch, aluminum diamond knurl, 3/4" diameter, 5/8" tall, 1/4" shaft, 2 set screws.

It ultimately ends up costing the same as the previous place since each knob is $7.52, but they are in stock.