Shipping Guitar

Losen off the strings, rap the He!! out of it in bubble rap and ship it in a case Or an EXTREMLY tough ass box

Pack it REALLY REALLY well

Just look at my warlock when this is not done right!! :D

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=14486

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I would actually take the strings off based on what happened to a guitar I got in the mail. King Kong stepped on the box, and while the guitar didn't break, the strings dug into the frets and made some nasty divots that I had to file out.

Aside from damage to frets from crushing....why loosen string tension? This instrument will be hard cased, then wrapped in bubble wrap, then placed in another box.

You will get no answer to this dilemma here. We discuss it about every two months and there are those that say loosen and those that say don't. Make up your own mind and do it how you please.

BTW, I loosen the strings and pack around the headstock and body with paper or bubble wrap so there is no room for it to "bounce" in the case. Do I have experience? I ship 10-15 guitars a day. My other suggestion is to avoid UPS.....They break a lot of stuff then they refuse to pay insurance claims. Do I have experience with them?.......several thousand $$$ in unpaid claims that I had to reimburse customers for out of my pocket.

Whatever you decide good luck.

You will get no answer to this dilemma here. We discuss it about every two months and there are those that say loosen and those that say don't. Make up your own mind and do it how you please.

BTW, I loosen the strings and pack around the headstock and body with paper or bubble wrap so there is no room for it to "bounce" in the case. Do I have experience? I ship 10-15 guitars a day. My other suggestion is to avoid UPS.....They break a lot of stuff then they refuse to pay insurance claims. Do I have experience with them?.......several thousand $$$ in unpaid claims that I had to reimburse customers for out of my pocket.

Whatever you decide good luck.

Thank you, I always thought there was something to do with airplanes and loosening the strings.