The Rat

Heres some pics of the latest creation, It has been longer that I had expected because I've been making jigs as I go along (most of mine have been thrown out etc since ive built my other guitars). The finish will be a semi-gloss black with rat rod styled pinstriping and some car-tooned images.

This is a front shot of this tele styled with the epoxy filler on

progress%201%20the%20rat.jpg

As you can see this is a multi-laminate birch body and the neck is birch as well.

This pickguard is hand cut from sheet aluminum.

rat-headstock.jpg

You will notice the tuning machines are angled back (because it looked cool)

The fretboard is cocobolo (I have no idea if I spelled that right)

rat-neckjoint.jpg

The neck was carved with my favorite shaping tool, the die grinder with an aluminum bit.

I like the idea, the aluminum pickguard will be a nice touch. I could do without the headstock shape though, kind of looks like an anteater. Whats more classic than a tele headstock? That aside, I really like what you have going on there, keep us up to date.

I like the idea, the aluminum pickguard will be a nice touch. I could do without the headstock shape though, kind of looks like an anteater. Whats more classic than a tele headstock? That aside, I really like what you have going on there, keep us up to date.

The first thing I thought of was Joey's big ceramic dog on Friends.

The first thing I thought of was Joey's big ceramic dog on Friends.

Yeah the headstock is just because I wanted somthing original, i guess I might go back to the drawing board on that one. The multi-laminate is just because I have a lot of 1x12 birch. I suppose I could have gone with face to face laminate but it was just easier this way. With a solid finish the laminate dosen't matter.

Edited by GuitarGuy