The Black Deamon

HA haaaaa :D (jumps out from behind an inconspicuos hiding place into a poised stance)

Well Im back and ive picked up some awesome wood for the body.

Looking through an article on allthingsguitar i found something on tonewoods saying that the original Strats were made using poplar but were changed due to it being expensive, and that it was supposed to be better than alder and ash :D

Anyway I got an 8 by 1 (vagely) from my local timber merchant Yandals for £11!!!

This stuff is soo light!!! the plank was about one third of the wieght of a plank of ash that was only 5-6 feet??!!! and its nice to bandsaw. so Heres the start of the body.

100_0371.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/mcmeat51/100_0333.jpg

how heavy is that thing?! Seriously nice.

Edited by sepultura999

PRS 513 is controled by a huge circuit board thet conects all the components. if you can get one built with out it your my hero. Ill try to get a pic up soo you can see

The maple guitar isn't that heavy although its not light :D

It hangs quite well, but i reckon a second attemp could make the thing killer!!!

I might have to take a different slant on the 513 wiring but I'll hopefully get the same essence, im wondering where to put the sustainer at the mo and am wondering if the middle is too close to the bridge??

jem1.jpg

cheers daveq

i found a web site that allows you to do a custom creation of most guitars and i did a mock up of the BD im looking at doing. I might miss out doing the silver vine as I like the look of a flat black ebony FB but im still wondering.