Ibanez Wizard 7 String Neck Specs?

Hello!

As some of you know I am planning to build a new neck for my 7-string, this time using different woods for a different sound. I realized that I like the Ibanez Wizard 7-string neck very much. My problem is that I cannot find proper specifications and dimensions of that neck. The Universe and K-7 are avaiable in stores here, but I doubt they would let me take measurements. Therefore I would prefer to find the info I need online. I know most things like scale, radius, width at nut, etc.

What I want to know:

1. What fretwire do they use? On the Ibanez site they only write "Jumbo" not very precise....

2. Are there drawings of the back shape available somewhere?(This is the most important question for me)

3. Which height over the fingerboard do the locking nut slots have?

4. Is there a REALLY cheap Ibanez 7-string available which uses the same neck shape? Maybe I could buy one and resell it after copying the neck....

Thanks in advance for any help,

Marcel!

On a couple of occasions I've spent a half-hour or so with a digital caliper & tape measure, taking measurements on music-store guitars. It should be a piece of cake if there are a couple of stores that you visit often, where you're a familiar face (as long as you aren't one of those wanks who comes in and plays "Eruption" at full volume for 2 hours a day... :D ).

Thanks for the answers!

@RGGR: I knew that one already as you suspected. Unfortunately there is no info on the back shape. Which is what I am mainly looking for....

@erikbojerik: Maybe I should simply give it a try. I don't think they would not allow me to take measurements, but when they see me approaching their most expensive guitars with calipers, countour gauges, etc. they will stop me in fear of damage to their guitars....

Maybe I should simply give it a try. I don't think they would not allow me to take measurements, but when they see me approaching their most expensive guitars with calipers, countour gauges, etc. they will stop me in fear of damage to their guitars....

Go for it. Even if you don't know anyone, call and ask, say you need to a make a template for that specific neck to build a replacement for it. I personally went down to guitar trader near me and they let me copy the RG guitar onto cardboard so I could build a template for it. I wanted the Jem but they didn't have, so I called Guitar Center and they said come in on Monday and we will help you out. Every place I called which was 3 total was totally cool with me tracing out a Jem ibanez which is $2099 at Guitar Center. So just be cool to them and they should have no problems with you, if for some reason they say no, just ask them if they would do it them self or if there is a better time to come back because sometimes they are busy and don't have the time to deal with it.

Anyways Good Luck and I hope it works out for you. Jason

Maybe I should simply give it a try. I don't think they would not allow me to take measurements, but when they see me approaching their most expensive guitars with calipers, countour gauges, etc. they will stop me in fear of damage to their guitars....

Maestro - You ask by asking!!!!

Nothing more, nothing less. You don't ask by thinking before hand how they might respond. I would ask though.........not just go at it.

And if they don't let ya......you just go off to shop that will.......in result you will also know which shop to buy from next time. :D

When you get the info post it please. Would help me a lot for my neck project. I want a universe. I played for the first time over the weekend and wow is all i can say, i almost bought it. It was used and 800 bucks, needed a new neck finish, casue someone sanded the old one off (have no idea why) and the body need a new paint job, but other then that it was in great shape.