Vh Paint Job Strat

I have a Stratocaster that I have Just Scalloped, and now i am currently in the process of buying pickups off ebay. When i get the pickups, i want to take everything of the guitar and paint it. I am a huge Van Halen fan and i'm gonna go with the Frankenstein stripes w/ the stevie ray vaughn style (SRV) initials on the pickgaurd.

I know that eddie starts with a black guitar and adds tape over top of the body then paints the whole body white, then adds even more tape, and paints it red for the last time. he then removes the tape to reveal the black and white stripes.

The Body of my guitar is already red so all i need to do is paint the stripes on the guitar and avoid having to buy red paint.

what would i need to do to achieve the van halen paint job?

I know that eddie starts with a black guitar and adds tape over top of the body then paints the whole body white, then adds even more tape, and paints it red for the last time.  he then removes the tape to reveal the black and white stripes.

what would i need to do to achieve the van halen paint job?

I know you know nothing about Van Halens 5150!

Here is a link, educate yourself.

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...wtopic=8589&hl=