Jem Neck And Truss Rod

Will it work the hot rod in a JEM neck? I believe it's too much deep for a JEM neck. And it requires a special bit.

I thought to the one selling LMI but is 22$. Other sources for double acting rod? Every advice is appreciated.

Gian

Will it work the hot rod in a JEM neck? I believe it's too much deep for a JEM neck. And it requires a special bit.

I thought to the one selling LMI but is 22$. Other sources for double acting rod? Every advice is appreciated.

Gian

i dont know much about truss rods, but i ALWAYS make mines.

Gian

i dont know much about truss rods, but i ALWAYS make mines.

Unless you can weld and have all the equipment, I would suggest buying a truss rod. The only viable truss rod a normal person could make without special equipment (torch, etc) would be a single action. Since the single action truss rod channels are curved, it is more difficult to route. Dual action truss rods are superior for beginners because they only require a straight channel.

P.S.

Straight and curved aren't good words to describe the differences between the truss rod channels. They refer to the bottom of the channel.

Both the LMI and Allied Lutherie require a 3/8" deep slot. I think these are very small. The one of Allied is more cheap and it's from China. On this forum many guys told that the Allied one works great just like the LMI. Other guys told it's a cheap - low quality rod.

In Europe there's a site where I can find small double acting rods. At this point only for one I will buy there and not in USA this time :D . I heard positive comments about it here in the forum.

Gian