Dime V Refinish

Hey everybody, it's been a while since i posted on here. My other project fell through due to my lack of funds. (I'm broke) But anyway... For my birthday last year i got a bunch of cash, so i went out and bought a Dime V from Media Play. (This was before Dimbag got killed, so don't start thinking that i only boughtit cause he died) And now its been about 8 months or so, and i'm sick of the camo. So i decided to refinish it. I took it apart, and in doing so, a piece of the camo paint "peeled off" so i guess the camo istn't really apint, its just a big sticker. I have a pic of the before and after. I still have to take the rest of the paint off the back and sides, and get this white papery residue off the front. here are the pics.

Before

After

I also don't have any idea on what i'm going to paint on it, or the colors, so I'm open to suggestions.

racing stripes aren't really somthing i would do for myself. but other people may like it. different strokes for different folks i guess. and to me the pinstriping would look wired with a regular V. the rhoads v makes it look good because the two... uh.. what do you call them? well, they aren't the same size. and i think thats why it looks good.

You could put a veneer on it. Once its back to wood, put the veneer on and dye it. Either that or do a swirl. Several people have done swirls on their RG and Gem bodies recently over in the refinishing forum. some of them look pretty kewl!

Whatever you decide, take pics and post them!

those ideas sound cool. but i already am almost finished with painting. :D

i have all the color coats done, i'm just finishing the clear coats up. then we play the waiting game for a month and a half for the paint to fully harden, and then on to final sanding and buffing. Here are the pics of the body and headstock after all the color coats.

Body

Headstock

i still have some touching up to do on the masking lines. the paint i bought sucked, and stuck to the tape as i was pulling it up.