Neck Height

Does anyone know what I should be shooting for when routing my neck pocket? I'm looking for the height of the fretboard from the top of the guitar. I think my Ibanez has a pocket depth of ~3/4"??

The depth is not as important as making sure the neck sits at the right height off the body, right?

i asked a luthier around here, he usual does all his pockets to 5/8'ths depth, but he also uses the micro tilt system in all of this guitars... either way, 5/8 still seems to be working fairly well for me aswell.

Thanks for the info. I guess I need to do a survey at my local guitar shop. My Ibanez sits in there around 3/4". All of my books say 5/8" but they are all for the Fender strat style of guitar without a Floyd bridge. If it has been working for you, I'll definitely reconsider using 5/8". Thanks again.

By the way, the necks that you use are 3/4" + 1/4" fretboard, right? Or am I remembering these dimensions wrong? That would make the fretboard about 3/8" off of the top of the body?

:D umm... i'm still trying to get used to this ass backwards "standard" system... i duno why u can't all use metric... or at least make standard a bit more metric.... like 10 inches in a foot...

yada yada...

yes 3/4 and 1/4, but i mean that's just me, but since no one else has corrected me i assume everyone agree's with me on this, maybe check a couple of the tutorials for measurements on neck pockets.... i think there's a couple in there...