Truss rod channel again

Just routed the truss rod channel for a double acting/expanding truss rod, but I still can't figure how to hold it in place...

The rod fits the channel, it can act but it can't move, even if the channel wasn't routed precisely (but that wasn't my fault :D ), it extends into the headstock (maybe too much B) ), but I have the feeling that I forgot something... since it slides back and forth in the channel...

Or that problem will automatically be solved when I'll glue the fretboard on?

*why I didn't just buy a new guitar?*

Where did you get the rod from? How far into the headstock is the rod? As long as the rod doesn't completely stick out, I think you are OK. Is there enough wood left to drill the adjustment hole?

As far as keeping it in place, I think it depends on the type of rod. As long as the rod can be hidden by the adjustment cover and/or headstock wood, I'm pretty sure you are OK. If you can provide more info in the type of rod, others can help a bit more (does it have lugs, is it a stew-mac hotrod,...).

pics would really help if u can take some good ones, but sounds like u don't have to worry a whole lot about it. i rout my channels a hair deeper then the depth of the rod, so i can put a shim of wood on top of it (to keep the glue out). but once u get some strings on there, (like al said, depeding on the wood) the tension of the strings will hold the rod in place..

if its a hot rod from stewmac, and it adjusts at the head stock, make it so the alen hade or hex head of the rod is just pass where the nut will be, and you dont want it pertruding past the headstock material.it needs to be able to be cover with a truss rod cover.

to hold it in place, i use alittle bit of latex caulk at the two brass screw blocks on the rod.so that it sets in that inside the channel, this also keeps it from rattling.

show us some pics? it will be easier to help ya

I use a hotrod from stewmac and route straight past the nut area. The adjustment nut sits below the level of the headstock so the cover works well. I also used silicone sealer at each "nut" of the rod. I just tried adjusting it (the neck is not complete yet) and it doesn't want to move out of it's slot :D . With the hotrod, the only thing to be careful of is to place the adjustment nut toward the bottom side of the neck (away from the fretboard). That way, it doesn't stick straight out.

When I first read the instrucitons for the hotrod, it gave me the impression that I had to place the adjustment at the heel of the neck. I called to verify that you can install it the way that I did.

I hope that helps.