Wet And Dry

iv just wet and dry sanded all the bumps out of the lacquer finish and a wanting to give it on fina coat of lacquer but the guiitar at the moment it a white/grey coluor caused by the wet and dry so do need to buff it up before i give it one last coat or when i clear coat over it will it dissapear

i am wanting to do this now so please reply quick if you know

thanks for any help

Edited by b5111987

It will disappear with the final coat of laquer. Those scuffs will give the final coat something to "bite on to".

BTW, rushing is never something you should do. Ever. :D

are you sure cause its really white

It's called blushing. You can buy a blush eraser at most stores.

From stew-mac:

The haze is caused by "blushing". You will see it mainly on black but darker reds show it sometimes as well. It is caused by moisture in the color or clear coat. The moisture gets into the paint when the paint is sprayed during periods of high humidity. Spraying during a rain shower, during the cooler part of a moist day and spraying a very heavy coat on a warm humid day increases the chances of blushing. 

What to do? If you see blushing, Stop. The moisture is trapped in the very top coat of the finish. Take the body into a warm and dryer area and let it dry. Lacquer allows water to move slowly through the finish and most times the blushing will disappear as the finish dries. Blushing can also be removed through sanding. It can also be removed by spraying the finish with straight lacquer thinner. (Some finishers add a small amount of retarder to the thinner). If the moisture is trapped deeply in the finish you made need to use a product called "Blush Eraser". Blush Eraser reconstitutes the lacquer to allow the moisture to escape. Behlen makes the most popular eraser and provides it in an aerosol.

Good luck!

It will disappear with the final coat of laquer. Those scuffs will give the final coat something to "bite on to".

BTW, rushing is never something you should do. Ever. :D

iv just spray a coat of lacquer on and i can say thankyou it is lookin so gd at the monet. before it had bumps and dips in the finish now its just flat and perfect :D

pictures at

www.jcguitars.tk

click on guitars 1 and the pictures

Edited by b5111987

iv just spray a coat of lacquer on and i can say thankyou it is lookin so gd at the monet.

I am not one to point and laugh at anyone, and am not here, but damn sam, you don't want to go thru life this uneducated do you?

I'm concerned for you. :D

iv just spray a coat of lacquer on and i can say thankyou it is lookin so gd at the monet.

I am not one to point and laugh at anyone, and am not here, but damn sam, you don't want to go thru life this uneducated do you?

I'm concerned for you. :D

what i thought that they would show through as it is clear lacquer dude

I'll back out, I am not trying to give you a hard time and I don't want to interrupt your thread, but I don't even know what this statement is supposed to mean. I cannot understand even your basic idea. :D

I'll back out, I am not trying to give you a hard time and I don't want to interrupt your thread, but I don't even know what this statement is supposed to mean. I cannot understand even your basic idea. :D

cause i wet and dry sanded it down. the lacquer had all scratches all over it and it was all white now i thought that if i put a clear coat over it the scratch's and white would show through