Classical Neck Angle ?

Im wanting to start a new project soon, but im a little stumped at the moment. Im trying to understand the neck angle on a classical guitar. Do i use a similar technique as when determining the angle for an electric guitar ?

Ive searched the forum and have found no information on this subject, even searching on the web has confused me even more. I did read that a classical guitar neck should be opposite to the neck angle of an electric guitar (its late and im gunna fall asleep on my keyboard), but i may have read that wrong :D

Any help would be helpful thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

draw a plan. nobody can answer this question but you.

I concur with rhoads as far as I know theres nothing set in stone. If it looks good then do it . I just gave my classical neck angle a measure and it looks about 10 degrees, taking that acoustics are around 13 degrees it should be ok around these angles

I concur with rhoads as far as I know theres nothing set in stone. If it looks good then do it . I just gave my classical neck angle a measure and it looks about 10 degrees, taking that acoustics are around 13 degrees it should be ok around these angles

What angle are you talking about? Headstock? I may be wrong, but I believe they are talking neck angle (as in 1.5 deg. is common on steel string). As mentioned though draw it up.

Peace,Rich

What angle are you talking about? Headstock? I may be wrong, but I believe they are talking neck angle (as in 1.5 deg. is common on steel string). As mentioned though draw it up.

Peace,Rich

Sorry guys I was thinking headstock angle :D