Starting my first project!

Hey, I'm starting my first guitar project tonight, and was just wondering if you guys have any last minute advice, stuff like that.

It is going to be a BC Rich Beast style guitar, one humbucker in the bridge, volume knob and a mini switch for splitting the humbucker.

No prefab here, except for the fingerboard (fret slotting kinda scares me :D)

Wish me luck!

Aaron

You did read the book, "Make Your Own Electric Guitar" didn't you? If not I'd recommend you buying it.. it answered tons of my questions.. and made me think about alot of stuff I would have overlooked.. such as Scale Length, Number of Frets, neck dimension, body shape, what kind of neck join:bolt on, set, or straight through?, bridge height, neck angle, headstock angle, head shape, body thickness, wood you'll use, pickup and control selection, nut width, truss rod(what kind?), control mounting(pickguard etc. etc.), binding, inlays, countouring, fretwire size, and finishing you will use... all must be decided before you build... Hope you have already done all the planning.. Good Luck on your project

Matt

Yea I've got that book, and I've also thought through the various specifications u mentioned in your post. I've decided to leave the fretboard blank (no inlays) on this project. I wanna make a guitar that works first, next time we'll try something a little more complex. As i mentioned before, I only have one pickup, so i guess I am allready kinda following the K.I.S.S. method.

Aaron

P.S.

Midway through the guitar, I have a feeling I will be whining to you guys about something I need help with, so be ready.